"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference" - Robert Frost

June 6, 2014

Life is What You Make It by Peter Buffett

Hello! Hope you all have a good time. You know, I try to manage to write here at least three posts every month. And I got two projects right now: 7 Habits for Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey and Freakonomics by Stephen Levitt.

Two weeks ago, as I walked through the bookshelves, I found this book. I have always wanted to write a review about this book and I guess this is the right time. Yes, it has the same title as my blog's. Its content is so good and fruitful that it has inspired me to change the title of the blog. And frankly, it has inspired me to make some important decisions in my life, too.

Life is What You Make It. It is written by Peter Buffett, a musician, composer, and, Warren Buffett's second son. This book contains with Buffett's thought about life: how Buffett found and then living his life-calling; the lessons he got from life; and how he wants to, literally, make the world a better place to live for everyone.

The book begins with prologue--where Buffett explains the reasons why he wrothe the book--the values and beliefs that humans hold; life-callings; talents and decisions that we make (that make us who we are), etc. And then it continues with twelve other chapters and ends up with a powerful message on the epilogue.

The reason why I want to review this book is because, in this kind of time when everything is so uncertaain, I personally think that we all need a bigger purpose to live. Not just to make a living, but also to make other people live. Not just to breath but also to inspire people.

So then, if by reviewing this book makes at leat one person get moved to be better, I will really feel happy and grateful.

Happy reading! Get inspired! Be inspiring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment