"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference" - Robert Frost

April 29, 2015

Re-reading Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

Maybe not much of the people here know that I'm a Potterhead. Well I am! Haha my childhood time would never be the same without Harry Potter series, especially the movies ><. And as I am an avid reader too, of course I've read the books! Though not all haha. Until a month ago, I have only read all the books except Book 4. And now that I have read it, I thought I might give you my views on it :) Keep scrolling down, please!

So, book 4 starts as usual, Harry waits in Privet Drive number Four until summer holiday ends. That morning he wakes up having a bad feeling after seeing Voldemort in his sleep, killing a Muggle. He also gets a letter from Ron that they're going to watch The Quidditch World Cup, Ireland versus Bulgary, and that the Weasleys will pick him up. Indeed the Weasleys picks him, with some sort of noise only them can make it, haha XD.

After watching the World Cup, something strange happens in the camp where everybody stays. The mark of the Dark Lord appears on the sky and the Death Eaters start to hunting down the Muggles. It was so scary but the good thing is Harry and the Weasleys return to the Burrows safely.

When Harry, Ron and Hermione get back to Hogwarts, a big event is about to be held, that is the Triwizard Tournament. Those who are under seventeen can't enter it. However, Harry's name pops up as the fourth participant of the tournament. Ah ya, that year Harry's Defense Against The Dark Art is Professor Mad Eye Moody.

In short, Harry competes in the tournament alongside with Cedric Diggory, fellow Hogwarts student from Hufflepuff, and Fleur Delacour from Beauxbeatons and Viktor Krum from Durmstrang. Eventually Harry becomes the champion, Diggory is dead and Voldemort has returned. (Yesss I know you all already knew this :p).

I finished the book in a week, and I noticed there are differences between the book and the movie version. The book version, is of course, more complete, and there must be changes due to fit the story to an approximately 2-hour movie. But I like them both!!!!! I'm glad that I finally finished the book haha, I've finally have read them all!! (Not to mention that I need to re-read Book 6 and 7 because I didn't pay attention when first reading them haha). And yeah, I read the English version, how I love this language <3. And now I'm re-reading Book 7, I'll tell you what I think about it after I finish reading it.

Good night, thanks for reading all!

No comments:

Post a Comment